New to Massachusetts Blog

Massachusetts RMV RTA form will replace both the RMV-1 and RMV-3

The New RMV RTA form replaces both the RMV-1 and RMV-3 forms. If you are looking to do any of the following, you will need to fill out the Massachusetts RTA form:

Register and title a vehicle

Register previously titled vehicle

Transfer plate to a new vehicle

Title previously registered vehicle

Reinstate a registration

Transfer vehicle to surviving spouse

Apply for a salvage title

Change plate on existing vehicle with no amendments

Apply for a title only

Renew a registration

Apply for a registration only

Amend a registration

Transfer a plate between two vehicles

Picture of RMV RTA form

Click here to use our fillable RTA form


You will fill out the RTA differently depending on which of the above you are trying to do. Use this Registration and Title Application Instruction Guide from the Mass RMV and follow the instructions to correctly complete your form.

Click here for the Registration and Title Application Instruction Guide

If you have any questions about the Massachusetts RTA form or questions about your insurance, please give us a call at 800-649-3252 or click the button below to fill out our contact form and we will reach out to you.



Subscribe Blog

Subscribe Here!

Recent Posts

Posts by Tag

See all

Get a Quote

We are local insurance experts serving the South Shore for over 70 years.
Click below to get a free quote for your personal or business insurance.